Tuesday, April 1, 2014

30x30!







H&M blazer/Gap dress (thrifted)/Old Navy shoes/boutique necklace

I've always wanted to do a 30x30 challenge, and although it doesn't look like anybody is doing that right now I think I will. Last month's spending was pretty outrageous, and I'm hoping this will encourage me to get more use out of the items I have and not buy any more frickin' clothes. Here's the lineup, with cameos of our orange couch:

 3 jeans, 3 slacks, 3 neutral skirts (#9 is navy), 3 patterned skirts

 1 cardigan (oh no!), 3 neutral blazers, 1 chambray
1 patterned dress, 1 solid dress

2 tees, 9 blouses mostly solids (#26 is plum)

Mostly I chose neutral completer pieces and bottoms, and tried to mix up different silhouettes and colors with blouses. It'll be fun to see how different I can make each outfit. I threw some challenges in there to push my boundaries:
#4 is new, not quite sure how to style it
#10-12 will be fun since I tend to avoid my patterned skirts (why do I do that?)
#13: only 1 cardigan, seriously? 
#17 I rarely wear. I was hoping to put my mustard cardi in here, but the laundry elves still haven't gotten to it so...
#18 is a little short for work
#23 is brown, and I really haven't been wearing brown the last couple years
#26 requires a strapless bra (which I don't own but need for my recital in two weeks anyway)

So yeah, lots of challenges. I'm kind of excited about mixing different neutrals (white blazer, brown top, navy skirt anyone?); that's kind of nerdy I guess. I always enjoy seeing the shenanigans people get up to in these 30x30s as they get more desperate. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment